Over 1000 Will Convene for Mobility 21 Transportation Summit to Address Regional Transportation Options, Reduce Traffic Congestion and Improve Mobility in Southern California
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Aug. 29, 2014
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Kristin Slocum, Communications Manager
Over 1000 transportation experts and professionals will come together at the Mobility 21 Summit to seek strategies to develop regionally connected transportation solutions to reduce time spent in traffic and increase options for the traveling public. Leaders will call on legislators to implement reforms and innovations to make much-needed improvements to Southern California’s transportation infrastructure.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Friday, Sept. 5
Disneyland Hotel, 1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
Elected officials speaking at the Mobility 21 Summit include:
- Hon. Eric Garcetti, Mayor, City of Los Angeles and Chair, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Hon. Lou Correa, Senator, California State Senate
- Hon. Tom Daly, Assemblymember, California State Assembly
- Hon. Jeffrey Lalloway, Vice Chair, Orange County Transportation Authority Board of Directors and Mayor Pro Tem, City of Irvine
- Hon. Bonnie Lowenthal, Chair, California Assembly Transportation Committee
- Hon. John Pérez, Speaker Emeritus, California State Assembly
- Hon. Darrell Steinberg, Senate President pro Tem, California State Senate
Mobility 21, made up of public and private sectors in the seven counties of Southern California, has been working together demonstrating regional coordination and the power of collaboration for the past 13 years. While progress has been made to improve regional mobility options, more needs to be done to ensure Southern California’s safety, quality of life and economic growth.
Mayor Garcetti will speak during the opening session, which runs between 8:45-10:15 a.m. Themedia is invited to attend the entire conference and learn about possible solutions to the region’s transportation challenges, including: harnessing the power of new technology; alternative project delivery; mileage-based user fees; tolling and enhanced transit systems.
Please contact Kristin Slocum at email@example.com to request media credentials.
Hosted self-parking for media at the hotel.
Conference attendees and members of the media are encouraged to use #Mobility21.
# # #