FOR MORE INFORMATION
Kristin Slocum, Director of Operations and Communications
email@example.com or 949.375.4523
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Oct. 17, 2016
WHAT: More than 1,200 transportation experts and professionals will come together at the Mobility 21 Summit to seek strategies for developing regionally connected transportation solutions to reduce time spent in traffic and increase options for the traveling public. Leaders will discuss the region’s transportation ballot measures and call on legislators to implement reforms and innovations to make much needed improvements to Southern California’s transportation infrastructure.
WHEN: 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m., Friday, Oct. 21
Media availability 12:20 – 12:40 p.m.
WHERE: Disneyland Hotel, 1150 Magic Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
WHO: Elected officials speaking at the Mobility 21 Summit include:
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor, City of Los Angeles and First Vice Chair, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Jim Frazier, Chair, California Assembly Transportation Committee
- Lori Donchak, Chair, Orange County Transportation Authority and Councilmember, City of San Clemente
- John Fasana, Chair, Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Board of Directors and Councilmember, City of Duarte
- Keith Millhouse, Chair, Ventura County Transportation Commission and Councilmember, City of Moorpark
WHY: Mobility 21, which is made up of leaders from the public and private sectors in the seven counties of Southern California, has been working for the past 15 years to demonstrate regional coordination and the power of collaboration. While progress has been made to improve regional mobility options, much more needs to be done to ensure Southern California mobility, quality of life and economic growth.
NOTE: Mayor Garcetti will speak during the luncheon session, which runs noon to 1:15 p.m. Media is invited to attend the entire conference and learn about possible solutions to the region’s transportation challenges, including: connected and autonomous vehicles, impacts of rideshare options on traditional transportation systems and enhanced transit systems.
Please contact Kristin Slocum at firstname.lastname@example.org to request media credentials.
Hosted self-parking for media at the hotel.
Conference attendees and members of the media are encouraged to use #Mobility21.
# # #